Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kelly's Potatoes

Here's a couple conversations with my boys a couple weeks ago:

On Saturday:
Me: Riley, what should we have for lunch today?
Riley: KELLY'S POTATOES!!
Me: Um, ok, I'll have to see if I can find the recipe she used, k?
Riley: Yea, just make um!
(I did manage to find the recipe, Riley apparently loved them!)
On Monday: (while I was menu planning)
Me: What should we have for dinners this week?
Rugby: Meat and potatoes with corn.
Me: Ok, can do, how about we do that Tuesday?
Rugby: Ok
Me: Riley, you want to pick a night?
Riley: Kelly's potatoes!!
Me: You liked them, huh? Alrighty! We'll do them Wednesday.
Riley: NO! Mom, it's Taco Wednesday. (I promised the kids tacos every Wednesday until wrestling season is over)
Me: OH! I forgot, Thursday then.
Riley: Thanks, Mom!


So, if they're that good, I GOTTA post the recipe!

8 potatoes, peeled and sliced
3 cups milk
4 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (yes, I use it all when I make these)
1 cup chopped onion
chopped ham (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese

Grease a 9x13 pan. In a single layer, spread out four potatoes worth of slices. Add the ham if you are adding it.


In a saucepan, bring to a boil: milk, flour, salt, garlic powder, & cayenne. Stir until thickened. Add the onion.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of this mixture evenly over the potatoes. Add another layer of potatoes over this and spread the remaining 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the potatoes.

Cover and bake at 350 for an hour. Remove cover and sprinkle generously with cheese and place back in the oven to melt the cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!