Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spaghetti

Hello everyone!

This week, I had some company here. It was so nice to visit!! She's my younger cousin and was in need of some time away. Anyway, while she was here, I made our great-aunt's recipe for Spaghetti. Nothing says lovin' like Aunt Harriet's Spaghetti!! It's just sooooooooo good!! It's at the top of my list of favorite comfort foods. Sorry I don't have pictures to share, but please let me know if you try it. It's sooooo good!!

Spaghetti

1 pound ground meat (beef or venison...I had venison so that's what I used this time)
4+ cloves garlic (amount is your preference...we like garlic so I use more, but it's your choice)
medium onion, chopped
2 cans tomato soup
1 soup can of water
2 tbsp lemon juice
Italian seasoning
(optional: cayenne pepper and sliced mushrooms)

Melt some butter in a large skillet and gently saute the onion and garlic. Turn heat up a bit and fry the hamburger until it's in small crumbles. Add the tomato soup, water, lemon juice and Italian seasoning (I sprinkle the pan to cover it once, stir, then cover again. Now would be a good to add the mushrooms if you wish and a light sprinkling of cayenne) Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for at least one hour. I usually try to make this in the morning and let it simmer all day. It does taste even better if you simmer it one day and reheat it the next. Serve over noodles with garlic bread or just buttered dinner rolls (I made my whole wheat dinner rolls and they were awesome!!) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to post here that my husband hates spaghetti sauce.But he LOVES this one and will eat it.So this is the one I make all the time now.Thanks Jess!!!I have been making this for a couple years now.

    Maleesa

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!