Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Honey Soy Salmon with Cilantro Rice Noodles

Last night (wow, I was busy last night! Keep reading for the other two recipes I made yesterday!) I made this for dinner. I doubled the glaze and the amount of fish since the recipe serves four. The noodles make more than enough for all 6 of us, but the fish was another story. So, anyway, I made 8 4 oz fillets. Rugby ate 3 of them and was begging for more. Riley loves the noodles and would only tolerate the fish with BBQ sauce. (yuck!) The babies didn't care either way about it, but Tucker thought it was fun to toss the long noodles off his highchair. Sassy boy! At least Tim cleaned that up for me!! :) I have made this before, just not when Tim was home. I think he liked it, but it was a healthy meal and I think he'd have liked a sauce he could have dipped the fish in more than just the glaze. I really enjoyed it, though!

Honey Soy Salmon with Cilantro Noodles

6 oz rice sticks (found in the Asian foods aisle)
4-6oz salmon fillets
EVOO
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
5 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Prepare a medium hot grill or grease a broiler pan and preheat the broiler.

Brush salmon with EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Make a glaze by mixing 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp pepper Set aside.

Set a pan of water on the stove and get it almost boiling for the rice noodles. Make the dressing for the noodles by mixing 4 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp honey, sesame oil and lemon juice. Mix well.

Grill or broil salmon. Grilling should take about 2 minutes, then flip and brush with glaze and grill another2-3 minutes. I broiled them last night on low and it took 5-7 minutes and I didn't flip them since I used fillets that had no skin on. I brushed with the glaze about half way through. While the fish is cooking, soak the rice noodles in the hot water. This should only take a few minutes since they are sooooooooo thin. When fish is done, drain noodles and toss the noodles with dressing and the cilantro. Serve along with the fish. Some snow peas would be a nice accompaniment with this dish. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog off of Little Birdie Secrets and am trying two of your recipes this week. They look delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!