Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Caramel Apple Bread

This is something that Tim brought me home from Kwik Trip and I loved it. When I can bake, why should I pay per piece what I can pay for a whole loaf if I make it myself? I think this one is better than the one I had tasted.

Caramel Apple Bread
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cups shredded apples, a combination of sweet and tart is really
nice I use Braeburn and Granny Smith
1/4 cup fat free plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup caramel bits

Grease the bottom and sides of 1-8x4x2 loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center and set aside. In another bowl, mix egg, sugar, apple, vanilla, and yogurt. Combine with flour mixture. Fold in caramel bits. Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!