Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fire and Ice Pickles

Last year, I had a TON of cucumbers and didn't know what to do with them all.  I don't care for my home canned dill pickles (I'm something of a pickle snob...very picky about my pickles) and I was already up to my ears in Refrigerator Pickles so I turned to Google for another way to deal with all these cucs.  What I found was hot and sweet freezer pickles called Fire and Ice.  They are super simple and rather tasty.  Enjoy!

Fire and Ice Pickles

3 1/2 cups (1 pound) thinly sliced cucumbers
1 medium onion sliced into rings
2 jalapenos, sliced (seeds optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 tbsp water

In a non-reactive bowl, place your cucs, jalapenos, onion and garlic and set aside.  In a saucepan, cook your vinegar, sugar, water, and salt until the sugar dissolves.  Pour this over the veggies and cool.  Chill in refrigerator for 48 hours, then spoon into containers and freeze until you need them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!