Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Non-Kabobs

Well, they were supposed to be kabobs, but I figure why skewer them to just have to pull them off to cut up for the boys anyway? So, here it is:



They were yummy. Riley LOVED them, Rugby LOVED them, and TJ even ate it. Woo Hoo! Those are my 3 hardest to please, so I'm doing good!

I found the recipe on allrecipes.com, but read the reviews (most of which were good) and tweaked a few things. Here's the recipe as I made it:

1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used HVR)
3 Tbsp Worcestershire
1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary (I used dried and wish that I had a mortar and pestel to grind it up instead of having the hard leaves in there....anyway)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (you could use white)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper (I used about 1/2-1 tsp)
Chicken breasts cut into strips (I made about 1 1/2 pounds)

In a bowl, mix together and let stand 5 minutes before adding the chicken. Stir in chicken, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Grill on medium-high heat until cooked through, turning once. Should take 8-12 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

**If you boil the marinade, you can use it as sauce. I made Basmati rice and stirred it right into it and it was AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that looks great and something that we'd like. I'll definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that looks so good.The rice sounds amazing with the sauce in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this and it was a hit.Thanks for sharing it.I heated the sauce up and had it over the meat.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for visiting Cafe Jessica! Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes you see and what you thought!